Thursday, May 10, 2007

The craft show went well...



...and I'm glad it's over!

I had to take my son to school, then drive 30 miles to work, hurrying, trying to get there by 8:00 a.m. and of course EVERY light was red all the way to school and back through town to the interstate. I got there with just enough time to unload, go park the car, walk back to the building, and have my table set up by 8:30.

I always find it exhausting to say "Hi, how are you?" hundreds of times, and to sit down when no one's there and stand up each time someone comes by to look at my table. But it was all worth it. I sold quite a bit and was very pleased.

I coordinate these craft shows at work. For about a month before the show, I make sure we have plenty of publicity so all the staff will know about it, and take reservations for tables. The day before, I tell the maintenance men where to set up the tables and chairs. The day of the show, I go around and make sure each vendor has everything they need during the show, and then after the show collect a percent from everyone that's donated to charity. We have two shows a year, one in the spring and one in early December.~*~

No comments: