Friday, May 30, 2008

Fingerprint Friday - the Glasswing Butterfly



There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Visit Pampering Beki's blog for more Fingerprint Friday posts.



I got an email this week about the Glasswing Butterfly of South America and had never heard of this type of butterfly before. I saved it for my Fingerprint Friday this week, to show God's amazing handiwork.

Here's what the email said:
Just one of God's Wonders, the Glasswing Butterfly lives in South America. A butterfly with transparent wings is rare and beautiful. As delicate as finely blown glass, the presence of this rare tropical gem is used by rain forest ecologists as an indication of high habitat quality and its demise alerts them of ecological change. Rivaling the refined beauty of a stained glass window, the translucent wings of the Glasswing Butterfly shimmer in the sunlight like polished panes of turquoise, orange, green, and red.

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

4 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohmygoodness, that's amazing!! Just stunningly beautiful.

Butterflies are such a miracle anyway, but those are even more beautiful than most.

Marsha Cashdollar said...

That is beautiful I have never seen that before. How could anyone ever look at that and question god's existence!? AWESOME post!!! I am so glad for this weekly reminder we have!!

Maggie Ann said...

How very beautiful!!!!

Louise said...

Thanks for sharing this butterfly with us, it is just amazing. I am off to investigate further. x