Tuesday, July 01, 2008

July Challenge - Personal Hero

Visit the PCAGOE website to see the WINNERS!

**********************************************************************************



Here are all the entries in this month's PCAGOE (Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy) Challenge, to make a creation inspired by your favorite hero.

Visit the PCAGOE website to vote for your favorite creation and be entered to win a prize! But hurry, voting ends at midnight on Thursday, July 3.

Here is what I made in honor of my hero, my daddy. It's called Wind Beneath My Wings.
If you love it, it's available in my Etsy shop.



“Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings…”
--“Wind Beneath My Wings,” sung by Bette Midler (Grammy Awards Record of the Year & Song of the Year, 1990)

For me, the Wind Beneath My Wings - my hero - has always been my daddy, who passed away in 1995 at age 79. He was a wonderful person who lived a very inspiring life. He was an attorney, CPA and owner of Hertz Rent-A-Car franchises, a volunteer board member/chairperson for many local non-profit organizations, worked with the mayor to arrange special events for the service men at Chanute Air Force Base, was chairperson for the Governor’s Committee for Tourism (Illinois) for many years, and just one of his many recognitions was being named National Volunteer of the Year for the YMCA in the ‘70s.

His legacy of kindness and desire to help people inspires me daily. I hold his memory within my heart and do my best to live as he did.
---------------------------------------------------------
This pendant is handsculpted out of polymer clay. A hot pink heart with white wings is adhered to a royal blue textured background. The heart and wings are accented with sparkly acrylic gloss. It measures about 2" wide (approximately 5 cm wide)

No comments: