Friday, September 05, 2008

Fingerprint Friday - Awesome Shadows

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:

I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Where do you see God's fingerprints? In nature? kids? animals? They are all around us!

Thank you to Pampering Beki for hosting this each week! Everyone is welcome to join. To see how to join, as well as find links to other Fingerprint Friday posts, visit Pampering Beki's blog.

****************************************************************************


I'm the director of a teen-adult contemporary music group at my church, and we were practicing in our sanctuary last Monday night for the first time. Last year we practiced in the chapel, but now we have a wonderful drummer (a HUGE answer to prayer!) and need to practice upstairs where the drums are.

We have been asked to keep the main overhead lights off to save on the huge electric bill (our church seats 900), so we just had a few lights on over the altar and choir area. I looked up at one point and noticed the SHADOWS the crucifix was making. Goosebumps.

"It was the third hour when they crucified him...They crucified two robbers with him, one on his right and one on his left..." Mark 15: 25, 27

6 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Wow!! That made me tear up!

Amazing.

(I'm our church drummer.) :)

Rosebud Collection said...

Thank you for your help. I should have know to write and email to you..but I wanted to hear what you had to say..Anyway, love your beautiful picture..and was going to say the same verse with the three crosses..Thanks.

Bunny Chic Boutique said...

Gorgeous Picture ~ love it!!

Jayne

www.bunnychicboutique.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

I wonder if the architect knew that would happen? I love details like that, planned or unplanned.

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Oh my goodness! That's beautiful.

Caitlin said...

Wow, that's really neat.
What a great shot!
Don't you love it when God just sort of stops you in the middle of something, with a little reminder of His greatness?