Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Inspirational Quote

"Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs." - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

I have my first craft show of the fall season coming up in two weeks. There's always so much to do to get ready, it can be quite overwhelming, but I've learned that if I do it in stages, it's not too bad. Small jobs, as Henry Ford says.

I hate waiting till the last minute. We are attending a wedding this Saturday, and the next weekend we'll be visiting the grandkids, so I wanted to get everything organized ahead of time.

This past Sunday morning, I rounded up all my items for sale. Some were in my craft room in boxes and baskets, some were in my dresser drawers, and the Christmas and winter ones were in a box in the closet. I laid everything out on the bed to see exactly what I have.

I picked out the ones I will put out for sale and sorted them by groups (critters, faces, flowers, etc.) into the display baskets, put some back-up items in a bag to put out as others sell, and separated out all the ones that needed to be put on cards. On Sunday afternoon, I printed out new cards, cut them with the paper cutter, and put pins and pendants on them.

I had about 25 new pins and pendants on my craft table. I glued pinbacks or bails on them Sunday evening, let them dry overnight, and last night initialed the backs and put them on cards.

All that's left to do sometime before the show is get the display racks down from the attic, make some small signs for the table, and put everything in the two big tote boxes. Not bad for two weeks ahead of time!

Photo at top: Dog Lover's Pin
PURR Cat Pin

No comments: