Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fingerprint Friday - Funny Faces



I've been looking through old photos of my kids when they were little. I took a photography class back when, and had an assignment to take pictures of something white against a white background. I took a serious photo of a rose on a white cloth and then got the silly idea of putting flour on the kids' faces and having them stand in front of the house. The teacher laughed when he saw them.



Here they are with clean, shiny faces...



My beautiful little boys are now all grown up and married, each with three little ones of their own. I am so very blessed...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:

I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Where do you see God's fingerprints? In nature? kids? animals? They are all around us!

Thank you to Pampering Beki for hosting this each week! Everyone is welcome to join. To see how to join, as well as find links to other Fingerprint Friday posts, visit Pampering Beki's blog.

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

Ok, wait - is that flour all over their faces? How did that happen?! I'm guessing it's a funny story!!

You are a blessed woman :)

Rosebud Collection said...

It is so funny..I almost put up pictures of the girls when they were young..The boys are just adorable..Don't you wonder where the time went? Sometimes, I tell my husband..our life has been a "blink"..the house is so empty without children.
Beautiful Fingerprint..

Jill said...

What a great fingerprint!! I can't imagine my kids married and with kids of their own. I bet it is great to be a grandma.

artsyclay said...

Rebekah, I added a little explanation into the original post.

I did it! Just having fun.

Southern Traditions Boutique said...

HOW precious!!! I hope you have that photo framed....thanks so much for sharing, brought a big smile to my face!
Torri

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That is so funny!!

What a blessing kids are.

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Oh those are adorable!! The time does fly by doesn't it? My two boys are all grown up now too and sometimes I get a little melancholy about it, but then I realize that I am so blessed to have a wonderful relationship with them both still, and God had the grace to bless me with a beautiful daughter-in-law as well. How lucky am I?

littlebird said...

he he i like that idea they look like wee ghosts!

have a good week : )

Carrie said...

Wow...what a legacy you have!

Beadin By The Sea said...

My only child, a son, is 12 and I know that he is halfway through school, halfway to graduating and leaving his childhood behind. I count each day as a blessing to have him. I love your pictures and how original of you to put flour on their faces! Great memories!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Life does seem to slip by way to fast. My mother in law is the best. The other day is was commenting that she loves being a grandma because she can buy the grandkids all the stuff she couldn't buy the kids when they were growing up. She spoils our son!

Mel said...

Yes you are blessed...and these pictures are darling!