Friday, March 26, 2010

Fingerprint Friday - God's generous bounty

I see God's Fingerprints in all the good food we can buy at the grocery store. We found this HUGE cabbage the other day. It weighs 4 1/4 pounds! We're going to have some fried cabbage tonight and maybe some cole slaw later this weekend.




I also found some big beautiful leeks and made one of my favorite vegetarian recipes with tofu and kale. You cut the tofu in cubes and brown it in oil in a skillet, then add sliced leeks and chopped kale and seasonings (the recipe calls for sesame seeds but I didn't find any in the spice cabinet so I added salt, basil and garlic). Add 1/4" of water, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes till the kale is soft. Yum!




Friday at 7:00 PM: Here is half of the head of cabbage fried by my husband.




 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." ~ Genesis 1:29

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? To find out how to join "Fingerprint Friday" and see links to other posts, visit Beki at The Rusted Chain.


5 comments:

Vicki said...

He provides all that we need! What an awesome God we have to have planned all of these wonderful foods to sustain us. Great post!

Shan said...

I love this, I don't know if I ever think of God in the grocery store in my rush to get in and get out. Thank you:)

Rosebud Collection said...

What a lovely head of cabbage..good eating and the leek dish sounded great..Like you, always thankful for everything..
xoxRosebud..

Lindsay Thomas said...

Wow! He has provided!

littlebird said...

Mmmm i'm comin to your house for fried cabbage, save me a seat!