Friday, March 05, 2010

Fingerprint Friday - Guess what we got?


Woohoo! More snow!


This past Tuesday we had another snowstorm. It snowed ALL day and our area got around 5-7 inches. We've had so much this year, I'm beginning to feel like a "snow connoisseur" - able to differentiate various kinds of snow. This one was different than the other two big storms we had this winter - very wet and fluffy, like cotton. All the tree branches and bushes had big clumps of snow sitting on top of them.

At one point there were huge flakes, medium size flakes and small flakes - all falling at the same time - quite amazing!

Even though I'm SO tired of snow and looking forward to spring, I have to admit that this one was quite beautiful. Even better, it melted enough by Wednesday morning that I was able to go to work. :)


He sends His command to the earth;
his word runs swiftly.
He spreads the snow like wool
and scatters the frost like ashes.-
Psalm 147: 15-16


~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? To find out how to join "Fingerprint Friday" and see links to other posts, visit Beki at The Rusted Chain.


5 comments:

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

How beautiful....your photos...your words...that bible passage!! I truly love snow. Truly one of God's most wondrous Fingerprints!(remind me of that near the end of March if it's still around!)

Gloria said...

Beautiful snow photos! We had some of that snowstorm too, closed the schools and we really enjoyed that day of watching the big fluffy snowflakes...haven't seen it like that in a very long time, not that it snows much here anyway. Today it's feeling like Spring! Yay! Smile today. :)

Rosebud Collection said...

I have admit..it looks beautiful.
But I am so happy we are heading for spring..I think we were very lucky here in Maine..We had a good winter..Happy Fingerprint Friday..

Additionsstyle said...

What beautiful photo's of your winter wonderland. I agree the snow is amazing to watch but we have had our fair share this winter here in the Midwest, and I can't wait for spring!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

How beautiful!!