Friday, September 10, 2010

Fingerprint Friday - Scrabble, anyone?


So how can a Scrabble game be a Fingerprint of God, you ask? It's not nature... it's not a person... it's not an animal. No, it's just a board and a bunch of letters.

Well, to me, it represents life-long friendship. I had a best friend in the 8th and 9th grade in Illinois named Marsha. We did everything together. One of our favorite games was Scrabble.

In the middle of the school year in 9th grade, her dad got transferred and they moved away to Indiana. We always stayed in touch through the years, at least with an annual Christmas card and occasional phone call and a visit once in a blue moon. Then, email came along and we stayed in touch more often. Then this past year, we found each other on Facebook and she discovered our favorite game there - Scrabble! So now we are constantly playing Scrabble. One game ends and we immediately start a new one.

I must admit I'm obsessed! First thing when I get up in the morning and the minute I get home from work (my poor husband), I have to see if she got a bazillion point word, or if I still have a chance! LOL The greatest feeling is to use all 7 letters in one turn and get 50 extra points (ahem, see "styraxes" and "boonies" in photo). One time, she used her 7 letters along with one already on the board, and was able to start on a triple word score AND end on a triple word score and get about 150 points. That's the biggest score so far. Someday I'm determined to get one of those too!!!!

Pictured is our current game and I'm doing really well in this one. The last one - she creamed me. The fun continues, and I am so thankful to God for my life-long friend.

Young men and women too, old and young alike, Let them all praise the Lord's name, for His name alone is exalted, majestic above earth and heaven. - Psalm 148: 12-13

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? To find out how to join "Fingerprint Friday" and see links to other posts, visit Beki at The Rusted Chain.

3 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a great fingerprint..Scrabble is a wonderful game and I just think it is wonderful you two keep it going..the greatest fingerprint is how God got you both together again..I tell you, every where we look there is a beautiful Fingerprint from God..
Have a happy weekend my dear friend..xoxoRosebud.

Vicki said...

Friendship over a Scrabble game certainly counts as a fingerprint of God to me! What a wonderful story and friendship! ♥

Rosebud Collection said...

I wrote a long comment and the thing wouldn't go in..so here I am again..A wonderful Fingerprint..Scrabble is a great game..but to find your friend again to enjoy the game with..Ah, what a Fingerprint..Just wonderful..Enjoy your weekend my dear friend..xoxoRosebud/Carolyn