Wednesday, November 13, 2013

101 Ways to Reduce Stress Part 4 - a few of my favorites

I ran across some great suggestions called 101 Ways to Reduce Stress. Click on the link to read them all! I've been posting a few at a time, and now I'm going to conclude here with my favorites out of the rest of the list.

Schedule play time into every day. (I love this one! No matter how much I have to do, I have learned to take breaks. My ways to relax are listening to Praise music and praying while driving to and from work; taking 2 breaks a day at work to get away from my office, go for a walk and chat with friends in other departments; and at home, watching the Home and Garden channel while eating supper or a snack.

Believe in yourself. Stop saying negative things to yourself. (This has been a lifelong struggle but I've grown a lot in this area and will keep on working on loving me.)

Develop your sense of humor. (I am very serious by nature and as I've aged, have discovered great joy in lightening up and making other people laugh.)

Look up at the stars. (Ah, this gives such a sense of wonder!)

Do a brand new thing. (This keeps us young. I am learning, slowly, to crochet and WILL make beautiful things in the coming year.)

Buy yourself a flower. (Have never done this. I think I'll try it this week.)

Strive for excellence, NOT perfection. (This needs to be my life motto. I get so discouraged when I fail, but I'm learning not to be so hard on myself.)

Recognize the importance of unconditional love. (God and my doggie love me this way and my grandparents and my daddy did too. It's not always easy to love others this way but I'm working on it.)

No comments: